You know we care about you, our customers and community, and work hard to bring you the best quality products. What you might not know is that we also work hard to protect your privacy. At SET:
- We collect and use your personal information to help us provide the best products and services.
- We will always try to collect your personal information directly from you. You have control over what information you give us.
- If you are not comfortable providing your personal information to us, you don’t have to. But remember it might impact the products and services we can provide to you – for example, we won’t be able to deliver our great products to you if you don’t provide a delivery address.
- We work to keep your personal information secure. When we don’t need it anymore, unless we have a legal reason to keep it, we will securely destroy your personal information.
1. YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT
You do not have to provide any personal information to SET if you don’t want to. But, if you don’t provide the personal information that SET asks for, it may not be possible for SET to engage with you. For example, if you purchase our great products online we won’t be able to deliver these to you unless you provide a delivery address.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we talk about personal information, we mean information (such as an address or phone number) or an opinion about an individual. That individual may either be identified, that is, we know who they are, or reasonably identifiable, which means that we can work out who they are from other information that we have. It doesn’t matter whether or not the information or opinion is actually true or whether or not it is in writing.
Remember, the basic idea is that, if an organisation such as SET collects information that is about you, and that organisation is able to link that information to you, then it will be your personal information.
3. WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
The personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on how we engage with you.
The sort of personal information SET may collect and hold about you includes:
- your name, residential and delivery addresses, telephone numbers, email and other electronic addresses;
- your date of birth and gender;
- information about the products and services you have purchased, ordered or asked about or that you have obtained through SET;
- your credit or debit card details and other bank details;
- information about your beauty profile;
- your views and insights about our business, products and services that you share;
- information collected if you access the SET website or any of our social media sites including for example your IP address. We may also collect other information from those sites via cookies. A cookie is a small data file that might be transferred to your device when you access the SET website or those other sites;
- information about any feedback you provide, complaints you make and details of any products returned, and refunds provided, to you; and
- if you apply to join the SET team, details of your employment history, education, professional qualifications and referees.
4. HOW DOES SET COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
MECCA will usually collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us. You might do this, for example, when you shop in our stores, when you purchase or order any of our services or products on the MECCA website or if you participate in one of our competitions.
Although we usually collect your personal information directly from you, sometimes we will collect it from other organisations or people. For example, we may collect personal information from our related companies. Also, if you apply to join the SET team, we may collect your personal information from any person that you nominate as a referee. We may collect personal information about you from other organisations or people if you agree with us that we can do this or if it would otherwise be impracticable to collect it directly from you.
5. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
SET collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information to help us carry on our business. In other words, we do this to help us provide the best products and services to you and all of our other customers. This means SET collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide SET’s products and services to you;
- to provide you with access to the SET website, including to provide you with content on that site that is relevant to you;
- to provide advertising that might interest you, including information about promotions, competitions and events. Unless you tell us you don’t want to receive it this way, we may provide this advertising to you directly, for example by email or text. We may also provide it when you are using the internet, whether or not you are using the SET website;
- to help us work out what products and services you are most interested in;
- to respond on any questions or complaints you might have and to provide you with any refunds or exchanges;
- to make our products, services, the SET website and SET's social media sites better;
- if you are one of our contractors or service providers, or an employee of one of our contractors or service providers, to engage with you under the relevant agreement;
- if you apply to join the SET team, to assess your application for employment;
- to enforce SET’s rights, including undertaking legal proceedings; and
- to otherwise manage our business and to meet SET's legal and regulatory requirements.
6. WHO WE MIGHT GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
But sometimes, for the purposes listed in section 6, SET may provide your personal information to:
- our related companies;
- SET’s contractors and service providers on a confidential basis, but they are only able to use that information to help us manage our business;
- other organisations or people if we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example, if it is necessary to tell the police to help them do their work;
- any person that is a party to an agreement with SET for the sale of all or part of SET’s business, and
- any other person or organisation that we tell you about.
The other organisations and people that we provide your personal information to may be located outside of Australia.
7. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is held by SET in electronic form and is protected by electronic and procedural safeguards. Your personal information will either be stored on SET’s IT systems or the IT systems of SET’s contractors or service providers.
If your personal information is initially collected in paper form, we will destroy that paper when we record the personal information in electronic form. We will keep that information in a secure location until that occurs.
When SET does not need your personal information any more, SET will securely destroy it, unless there is a legal reason why SET needs to continue to hold that personal information.
9. YOU CAN ASK US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are very happy to tell you about the personal information SET holds about you. If you want to know what we have, just reach out to SET’s Customer Service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. SET will get back to you as soon as we can after you ask us. Sometimes we might not be able to provide you with details about what we hold, but we will explain this to you if that happens.
If you think any of the personal information we have about you is wrong, for example, if you have changed your phone number or email address, please let us know. You can reach out to SET’s Customer Service team. SET will either update it's records or, if there is some reason why we don’t think the information should be changed, we will let you know.
Of course, SET will not charge you for telling you about the personal information we hold or for making any amendments to that personal information.
10. LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR A COMPLAINT
If you have any questions, or if you have any concerns or a complaint about how we deal with your personal information, please email SET’s Customer Service team (see contact details in section 9) and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer.
SET will treat any request or complaint received from you confidentially. SET’s Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receiving your request or complaint. If you have made a complaint, SET will let you know about ways we could resolve that complaint. SET aims to resolve all complaints promptly and, in any event, within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
If you have a complaint regarding how we have dealt with your personal information that we can’t work with you to resolve:
- if you are in Australia, you may be able to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, see HTTPS://WWW.OAIC.GOV.AU/PRIVACY/PRIVACY-COMPLAINTS/